Sunday, July 26, 2009

Meeting Rover

If you haven't met me before, I'm Gromit. Marilyn takes me along on trips and sometimes lets me ride on her bike.



Through Marilyn's reading of journals on the Crazy Guy on a Bike website, I met Rover who travels with Denise. Rover is quite good at playing around on the computer keyboard so he often helps Denise write journal and blog entries. We've been corresponding via email for about a year or so. Denise and Rover write great journals and Denise's photographs are breathtaking. Check them out at from the eyes of Denise Goldberg.



Well, when Rover heard that we were planning to visit New Hampshire and would be flying into the Manchester airport, he suggested we meet. So Marilyn used her gps and Google maps to locate an appropriate Dunkin' Donuts and we all got together. I brought my friend, Hutch, who usually rides with John and the three of us had a nice time. Marilyn, John, and Denise spent a lot of time drinking coffee, nibbling on goodies, and talking about cycling, hiking, national parks, travel - and who knows what else. It was really fun to meet in person (or in dog!). Here is a picture of Rover, Hutch, and me.


You can read Rover's blog entry about this event here. He's about to go on a great trip to Newfoundland. Lucky dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment